Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tall Glass of Water

I can't remember the last time I drank water or anything this late. When you sleep in your car, the last thing you want to do is have to pee in the middle of the night. Especially when it's cold. I just got out the shower and was brushed my teeth (another thing I haven't done at night in a long time) and I needed some water, so I got a nice glass of water and drank IT ALL. Then I refilled it and drank all of that!!! At one point while drinking, I had to remind myself that I COULD drink all of it because I was now sleeping in a bed, in a home.

Well, I'm actually sleeping on a cot and the home is not mine, but I have a roof over my head and there is heat and it's nice and cozy.

Here are some things that are different because I had to sleep in my car:

1. I don't know where my pajamas are. I'm finding myself still sleeping in my clothes. I had to search for a t-shirt so I wouldn't seem strange.

2. I have to think twice about drinking water before going to bed.

3. My fingers and toes are horribly unkempt. I try to clipped and manicure them as best as I could, but I think I need professional help. The skin around my nails is all jagged.

4. My face is quite pimply. I have so many dark spots from acne because I haven't been able to wash my face at night.

5. I'm in desperate need of oral hygiene. I have not been able to brush my teeth before going to bed since I became homeless.

6. I have to remind myself that I don't need to carry all my stuff in my bag--I can leave my toiletries and make-up at home now. My bag has been so lighter.

7. I'm still having trouble sorting my clothes. The dirty clothes and the clean clothes, somehow, keep mixing together. Ugh.

8. I have so much excessive body hair. It's beginning to be a major problem, especially down there. I have a forest and I don't know where to start to trim it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...