Monday, December 6, 2010

Frustrating, Frustrating, Frustrating

I applied for a job at a University in a city about 40 miles away a couple of months ago.  I was sent a letter stating that I was one of the candidates they were interested in and that I needed to send them my college transcript.  I ordered the transcript and it was supposed to be mailed, but something happened.  It never got there.

I got an email today stating that the search had been extended and I am again a candidate.  So I have to send them my college transcript.  I have no money to order a new transcript.  I have no idea what happened to the one that was ordered before.  I know I ordered it.  Huh,  this is frustrating.  So, I'm going to see if I can borrow $10 to order a new one.  I am happy that I'm being considered.  However, I'm not sure if I want to position.  The position is recruiting job for the Chicago area.  I absolutely love Chicago.  It's my favorite place to vacation. However, I don't want to work there.  Traffic sucks, the weather is even worse than here, traffic sucks, and everything is super expensive.  Did I mention that traffic sucks.

I was driving through Chicago on a Sunday afternoon coming from Milwaukee and the traffic was so horrible.  We were at a stand still for at least 30 minutes.  WHAT?  On a SUNDAY!!  I'm originally from the St. Louis area.  Yeah, there is traffic during rush hour, but on a Sunday or even a Saturday for that fact.  The only time we have major traffic on a Saturday or Sunday was if there was a ballgame--baseball, football, hockey, etc.  But, in Chicago, it doesn't matter.  There will be traffic and I hate it.  Plus, they drive like bats out of hell.  I hate driving in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...