Monday, December 27, 2010

Thank God

I had and eventful day today.

I got up at 5am to go to morning prayer. After prayer I stayed in the office at church to do a little bit of work before my appointment at 8:15.

After my appointment I hung around the library. I'm not sure what work I got done, but before I knew it, it was 1pm and my friend was calling me to ask me for help with a meeting that she has on Wednesday. I was glad she called me because I had packed a lunch--leftover mac and cheese and stuffed shells. I also grabbed me a piece of leftover banana cake, but it was cold and I didn't have a place to heat up my food. But when she called, I was able to go to her job and use their microwave. Yes, hot pasta and cheese the good.

Before, making it to her office, I called Mel. I was in desperate need of fuel for my vehicle. The needle was below "E". Way below "E". I was praying and praying the entire way. I left Mel a message asking him if he could loan me some money to get some gas. Once I got to my friend's office, I called Mel again. I needed an answer because if he wsn't able to help me, I was gonna try to figure out who else to call. I already owe Tonya $10 for gas and I wasn't too comfortable asking Gwen, my friend who I was going to see. Plus, I asked her before and she didn't have it. I didn't want to ask again and she not be able to help me out.

I finally got ahold of Mel at about 2:15. He said he was way across town and couldn't get leave at that moment. So, at 2:45, I prayed and ventured onto the road to meet with the unemployment people.

I got to my appointment about 5 minutes late. When Gina finally called me back, I was happy to see that she was smiling and had a pleasant personality.

Gina told me that my job was disputing my claim because I had not called them to tell them that I was available for work. WHAT?????? I figured they would pull something like this. Basically, I was hired as a staffing supervisor at a major temporary staffing agency. My job was to hire temporary employees to go out to work. When I was hired, I wasn't told that I was hired temporary, nor was I told that my job would have an ending date. My last day of work was 11/05. My last contact with them was 11/09. It was an email from one of the girls saying that they would call me if they needed me. So, if they said that they would call me, then why would I call them???

Gina called the company and told them what I said and of course she told them that she could not confirm that information. I told Gina that I could because I had the email. She then told me that she would contact her supervisor to see if they can appeal my case so that I can get paid. I also gave Gina all of the information that I had relating to my job searches--interview dates, emails about job prospects, applications that have been sent out, etc. After leaving her office, I went right to the computers to forward Gina the email that was sent to me. I wanted to go the staffing agency to talk to Vern, to tell her that she never told me about contacting them, but I was afraid that I would run out of gas, so I just went home.

Maybe I'll go by their office tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...