Sunday, December 5, 2010

Your Self-Esteem is Showing

I was so tormented during church today.  I thought I screwed up.   When I called my pastor's wife to ask her if I screwed up she said I hadn't. She said that I did what I was supposed to do.  I was relieved, but I was also upset at myself for allowing those tormenting thoughts to hinder me all day.  I do know that next time I'll make sure that I'm where I'm supposed to be just in case something does change.  My stomach is still in knots because it was lack of confidence and low self-esteem that had me thinking that I screwed up and I was going to be taken off my assignment at church and that I was going to have to apologize to everyone.  I just beat myself up over it until she told me everything was alright. Thank God everything is alright, but I still need to work on myself spiritually.  For 2011, I want that to be a year of obedience to God.  This year, I heard God tell me to sacrifice.  Next year, I want to focus on being obedient to him because the scripture says, " Obedience is better than sacrifice.."  I want to fine tune my hearing so that I can hear what God is telling me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...