Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Such an ordeal

Mel came to rescue me at around 3pm.  When he saw me, he wanted a hug.  I gave him a half hug and he told me it was good to see me.  I kept telling him over and over again that I appreciated him helping me out.  Especially since I haven't called him in over a year.  It took him about 20 min to jump my battery.  For some reason I had forgotten about my tire, but while we were waiting for my battery to charged I walked around my car and remembered.  So, he told me that he would go to get his electric air pump to inflate my tire.  Well, it wasn't that simply.  After my battery was charged, we decided to go to get his air pump from his truck which was parked on the other side of town.  He took me to the bank to get money for my new battery and we stopped at Popeyes to get something to eat--he is in love with fried chicken.  After Popeyes we headed to his truck it was parked at his girlfriends house.  Yes, his girlfriend.  He was driving her car.  I felt a little uneasy.  I was happy that he was seeing somebody, but I didn't know if she knew that he was picking me up in her car.  After a little conversation about her, he mentioned that he asked her if he could pick me up in her car because he was taking her car to the mechanic to get it check out.  She told him it was okay.  I was a little relieved.  Then he told me that he talks about me all the time to her.  He tells her that I'm his best friend.  That made me a little uneasy.  He then told me that he talks about another girl to her all the time too.  I felt a little better.  He said that since he's talked about me so much, she felt comfortable with him coming to pick me up.

On the way to pick up his truck, parked at her house, he told me that he met her in 2005.  He had never talked to me about her.  He had talked to me about all the other women he dated, but not her.  He said that he was interested in her, but she wasn't quite ready to date him.  He told me that only recently had he and she become more serious.  I asked him if he thought she was the one and he said that he wants her to be the one. I told him I was glad that he found someone.  He talked about her so much that I could see how she fits hims. I'm truly happy for him.  When we got to her house, I got out the car to put my things in his truck and I noticed someone peaking out the window.  Uh, oh.  I didn't want to cause any trouble.  Then someone came out the house.  I spoke.  I didn't know if it was her or not.  When Mel noticed, he asked if his girl had made it back yet.  The woman said no and she went back into the house and I noticed there were other people peaking out.  Uh, oh.  I didn't want people calling his girl telling them that her man was bringing another woman to her house in her car.  I wanted to tell Mel to call her and let her know that I was there.  I didn't want any trouble.

He went up to the house and gave the women the keys to her car.  I can imagine him telling her who I was so that there would be no trouble.  When we got in the car.  He called his girl to tell her that he dropped her car off and blah, blah, blah.  I told him to tell her thanks for letting him come get me.  He told and she said I was welcome.  I wanted to talk to her just to say 'Hi', but I didn't want to move to fast.  Now that I think about it, I really wish I could have talked to her myself to thank her.  When we left her house, we went to Auto Zone to see if they had my type of battery.  Nope.  We had to go to Farm and Fleet which was way south of the city.  It was about 5pm by the time we got from Farm and Fleet back to the hotel.  Now was the real trouble.

It takes a lot to remove a battery.  It was mounted so well.  There were so many screws and bolts, then there was one bolt that was stripped and we needed a different set of pliers or some type of tool with a grip to unscrew it.  Mel thought he had gotten all of his tools, but he hadn't.  So we were on the lot freezing our toes off trying to unscrew the last bolt.  Finally a person drove up to ask us if we needed help.  We told him what we needed and he mentioned to go to the hotel and ask the maintenance guys.  That was a smart idea.  Why didn't we think about that?  This was after we went to the gas station up the street to borrow wire pliers that didn't work.  On my way to the hotel to ask, Mel called me back.  He had started talking to another person on the parking and they had what he needed.  By this time it was about 6pm and our fingers and toes were really cold.  We got the bolt off and thanked the nice people who came to our rescue.  After he got the battery off, we needed to get it back on and bolted down.  That didn't take as much time.  When I started my car, it turned over and then went off.  Damn, you manufacturing defect.  I had to wait 10 minutes to start my car because of this stupid defect.  While I waited, Mel continued to bolt the battery down in place and I started jacking my car to get the tire off.  The tire was bolted on tightly also.  Of course it's supposed to be, but man, for someone trying to get it off, it was a task.  I had to stand on the lug wrench to get it to turn.  All 180 lbs of me had to bounce on it to get the lug nuts off.  Mel held me up as I bounced up and down on the lug wrench.  Had he been a man that I was into, I would have really enjoyed his hand on my waist holding me up.  At one point he even put his hand inside my coat to really hold my waist and not just the outside of my coat.  Uuuuummmm.  I didn't know what to think about that.  Again, had he been a guy that I was in to, I would have enjoyed it.  I can't remember that last time, I had a man's hands on my waist.  Well, actually I can, it was around March, or was that April.  Enough about reminiscing...

We got the tire off and the donut on, we got the battery mounted and now was the time to say our goodbyes.  He wanted another hug.  Hhhmmmmm.  Of course I was glad and grateful to see him, but do we really need to hug?

I told  him that I was gonna have to buy him a really good Christmas gift.  I told him I was also gonna have to get his coat cleaned because he was all on the ground replacing my tire.  It was finally after 7pm when the entire ordeal was over.  I went back to the gas station, got Mel $20 in gas that he didn't ask for, gave the clerk back her wire pliers, and I was off back to Farm and Fleet to get my $7.56 for giving them my old battery to recycle.  I then went to Walmart to get some personal items that I desperately needed along with some minutes to refill my Trac Fone and some pears.  I love pears.  I also saw the instant Mac and Cheese that you only have to add water to.  I've been thinking about mac and cheese for a few weeks now.  Since I got the Mac and Cheese for $3 I decided I needed some chicken also and I got a whole baked chicken for $5.  Walmart's the best.  All of my items totaled $39.04.  I had enough money to pay $70 on my car loan, and put money in offering at church.  I wanted to be able to donate money for my Pastor's christmas dinner, but I'm not sure if I am able this year.  It's only $20.  Maybe I can muster some money from next week's pay.

I think I get paid next week.  I never found out.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...