Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Stranded

On last night I parked at the larger hotel that I used to park at because when I got to the other one where were a lot of people around.  So I didn't feel comfortable parking.  However, on the way there, I noticed that my tire was low, but because I don't have any money I drove on it anyway.  I figured that I could just deal with it in the morning.  Well, I got up this morning and started my car and nothing happened.

Back Story:

I bought my car in March 2008.  Before I bought it, I clearly heard God say, "That's not your car."  But I ignored Him and bought the car anyway.  A couple of months later, I went out to start my car and nothing happened.  I was getting ready for work and nothing happened.  So I was frantic.  I needed to get to work, but my car wouldn't start.  I sat in the car trying and trying and finally, it started.  I didn't know what was wrong, but I went to work.  The next day the same thing happened.  I was late for work again.  I took the car back to the dealership and told them what was going on.  They wanted me to pay $80 to have them look at it.  I refused.  I called the guy I bought it from and told him what was going on.  He told me to make an appointment to have it looked at and he would take care of the assessment fee.  Well, the next day it started and from then, I didn't have a problem until months later when it did it again.

I started looking on the internet to see if I could find anything that gave me some insight.  Sure enough I found out that Saturn Ions made between 2006 and 2008 have a manufacturing defect where the passlock system doesn't recognize the key and thinks that it's being stolen so the car won't start.  This only happens when the temperature drops below a certain degree.  So, every time the temperature dropped my car wouldn't start and I'd have to sit for 10 min until the car recognizes the key.  This is grueling and frustrating especially when it's really cold and dark.  Saturn won't recall it because they say it's not a safety hazard.  I beg to differ.  I was robbed sitting in my car in the dark with a gun in my face.  So, why is sitting in my car to wait until it starts not a safety issue.  If someone was after me, I'd have a problem.  I was gonna write to Saturn to tell them this.  However, I never got around to doing it.  So I have to get the problem fixed myself.

Well, I have no money to do that.  So I have to suffer with this problem.  I found a video on youtube where people have found a way to fix this problem. They simply dismantle the passlock system.  However, when they do this, their car now has no security.  Also, there are a few other drawbacks to doing this.  The check engine light stays on, so you never know when you have an engine problem.  So, when God was telling me "that's not your car" I should have listened.  Because this has been so frustrating.  

So back to today...

This morning, when my car wouldn't start I sat and waited 10 minutes.  Well, while waiting the radio and other things in my car stay on and not realizing it, my battery was drained because my battery is old and needs to be replaced.  So, after the 10 minutes, instead of my car starting it just clicked.  I knew my battery was dead because this is what it did the other night--it just clicked.

It was 9am when this happened.  It's now after noon and I still have not found anyone to help me.  I stopped this lady to ask her for help, but she said she couldn't  I was gonna try to see if one of the hotel employees could help me, but seeing that I'm not registered here, I don't want to cause any questions to come up.  I called a few of my friends, but they are all at work.  I called my friends sister who works here and she was sleep because she works 3rd shift.  So, I'm waiting to hear back from her.  After sitting in my car for over an hour I decided to come into the hotel.  I was a little scared because I didn't want any of the employees to say anything to me, but it's pretty cold out  and I didn't want to freeze in my car.

The other problem is that now my tire is entirely flat.  Fortunately there is a gas station down the street and when she get here, I won't have to drive very far.

I'm really gonna have to buy me a new battery.  I hope I have enough money.  My unemployment check is supposed to be direct deposited tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...