Saturday, December 4, 2010

End of the Semester

I've been relying on the University and College as my places of refuge during the day and evening.  Now the semester is coming to a close on next week for both places.  The last day of classes for both are Dec 10 then finals is the following week.  My goal was the have a place to live by Christmas which is the following week.  I'm praying that I meet my goal.  I'm still hoping for the Residential Manager job.  I'm eligible for the maximum unemployment which is $385 week, however, that's still not a lot of money and paying rent will still stretch me thin.

God is so good.  I have about $2 in the bank and my gas tank is under "E".  When I went to the unemployment office, they told me I would get a check on Wednesday.  But I need to drive until then.  So I just said to God, I need to not run out of gas because it's cold, snowing, and slippery outside.  I don't want to be on the side of the road trying to have someone have pity on me and help me out.

Just like the God He is, He always comes through.  I went to the university to chill and watch some shows on hulu.com. When I came in I saw my friend and another person that I knew, I waved and went to sit down.  My friend didn't see me when I came in.  She was engrossed in something on the computer.  I didn't really want them to ask my why I was there, so I kind of sat far away so they couldn't see me not far from the bathroom.  My friend walked by me to go to the bathroom and she came over to talk to me.  We just chatted and she asked me if I had gotten paid yet.  I had told her earlier about how my job didn't pay me and my phone was off.  I told her that I did, but the overdraft fees ate up all my money and I was on "E".  She said, "Well, now you gonna be on "F" cause when you leave, I'm gonna get you some gas."  I almost started crying.  This is a friend that has been there for me and I've been there for her.  She's the same one that let me stay with her when I didn't have anywhere to go, but I left her place because she has 4 children and I felt bad having her help me and I couldn't give her anything in return.  I've been there for her when she needed her power bill paid.  I've helped her out buying stuff for her children. She's the one that also told me about the guy that wanted to marry me.  So, I thank God for her even though I was trying to hide from her because I didn't want to have to lie about what I was doing there.

This gives me hope. This let's me know that God loves me and He won't forsake me even though I'm going through this "valley experience" He's still there!!!  Thank God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...