Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Stranded Update

Well, my friend's sister never called me back, but Mel did.  I had to break down and call him.

Back Story:

Mel and I met in 2004 or was it 2005.  I can't remember, but we became friends and started hanging out.  I was never interested in him other than to be friends.  The most fun we'd have would be going to the movies.  I'd go to Walmart, get an 8 piece fried chicken and potatoe chips and soda and we'd sit in the back of the theatre and have a good time.  This was our favorite thing to do.  Then he started coming over to watch my favorite reality show at the time Beauty and the Geek.  I'd record the show on Tuesdays and he would come over and watch it with me on Thursday.  It was "our thing", he would date other girls and tell me about them and I'd laugh and we just had a good friendship.  He'd borrow money from me, I'd borrow money from him.  It was a good friendship.  When he met a girl that he really like, I back up a little so that he could spend time with her.  I wasn't worried about anything because I was never interested in him that way.  His girlfriend, however, didn't like us being friends, another reason, I stopped hanging out with him so much.

When he and his girlfriend broke up--he wanted to marry her--I was there to help him through it.  I let him talk and cry and get mad and then recover.  I encouraged him and let him know that it would get better.  He bounced back.  I was happy.  Then one day things started changing.  He told me that his church didn't allow him to to go the movies.  WOW!!  I didn't ask questions.  I just left it alone because I know how some churches can be legalistic when it comes to certain things and I'm not going to argue with what may be keeping a person from trouble.  So, I figured that since he was allowed to go to the movies, watching TV would not be something that was on the top of his list either and since that is what we mostly did, we kind of didn't have anything to do.  Other things started changing also.  One night we were talking on the phone and he started making sexual comments.  I was a little put off by it.  At this time, I wasn't saved, but I knew he was and I didn't want to encourage him to sin, so I started backing away.  Then one night, I was hanging with this guy I was seeing at the time and it was well after midnight and I received a text that said something to the effect, "Anything you need me to do, I can do it for you.  Just let me know. I want to please you."   WHAT??  I looked at it and looked at it.  Was he coming on to me?  I ignored it, but saved it because I wanted to make sure I read it correctly.   Sure enough when I got up the next morning, I read it again and it said what it said.  I ignored it and started backing up more and more.  At one point he told me that he was interested in me.  I simply told him that I was wanting to get back with my ex, which was true at that time.  The final straw was when I went to his house--he asked me to help him pack and move.  Well, actually I needed to borrow about $50 and he said that he would let me have it if I came to help him pack to move.  Well, I helped him and as I was packing up his things, I looked at his computer and the background was my picture.  I was spooked.

Why would he have a picture of me as his background.  This was not a picture that I gave him, this was a picture he saved off my myspace page.  WHAT????  Then I saw nude pictures of women.  At that point, I knew that I needed to back away from him.  I didn't want him to be thinking about me in any way sexually, so I figured the best way for him to stay saved was for me to back away from the relationship.  When I changed my number last year, I didn't send him my new number.

Fast forward to today...

So, why did I call him?  Well, a couple of weeks ago, I saw him driving.  After he passed, I realized it was him and I waved.  Then a week later, I was working a temp job a a major corporation here and he was there working.  Which I knew was where he worked, but I had never seen him there until that day.  We spoke.  He gave me his number and we chatted briefly.  I told him I'd give him a call.

So this morning, while going through the list of individuals I knew who could come to get me, I thought of him first because everyone else I knew, was working.  So, he just returned my call from this morning.

He is such a nice guy.  I'm just not into him and I want him.  In a way, I'm glad he's coming because with any of my other friends, I'd probably have to explain why I was here.  With him, I can just tell him I was meeting someone here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...