Friday, December 17, 2010

At Least It Doesn't Snow in Arizona!

Does it????

This snow is kicking my butt.

I parked at my usual spot. The was the first mistake. I should have parked somewhere else because when I first got there, the owner was at the door looking out. I just drove around and came back and he was gone. Usually if something like that happens, I just move to a different spot. I guess, I was too comfort with this parking spot to move on. Big Mistake!!

I parked and there was a motel customer that come out with his daughter to walk to the store. Again, I should have moved. They walked right past me when they came back. Then a car pulled up right next to me and I was sure he saw me, but I ducked underneath my blanket. I went to sleep.

When I finally got up it was 9am. I started my car, waited 10 minutes (darn defect) and was able to leave. I put my car in reverse, backed out, put it in drive and my tires spinned and spinned and spinned. I was going no where. I backed up and tried to go forward--spinning tires. I backed up more and tried to go forward and nothing. Ugh. So I got smart, I decided that since I can go backwards and not forwards, then I'm going to back out of the parking lot. It worked until I got to the hill. My tires were not going up that hill with all of that snow, ice, and slush. It was almost 10am and I couldn't get out of the parking lot. I was stuck.

By noon, I had managed to inch my way up the hill and I was right at the top, but my tires were just spinning and spinning as I gunned my engine. The good thing was that I wasn't blocking the entrance. I decided to use some newspaper that I had in my car as traction for my tires. That worked. It got me closer to the top of the hill. By the way, it wasn't like a hill, the pavement just sloped upwards out of the parking lot. My front tires were bald, so there was no traction to keep me moving.

Finally, I ran out of newspaper. What to do, what to do?

The owner came out to ask me what I was doing. I told him I was stuck. He told me to move. I told him I was stuck and trying to move, he told me to move. I told him I was trying to and he said to call somebody. He then said he was calling the police. He said that I was blocking the drive and his customers couldn't get in. He said that the Pepsi guy said that he could hardly get in because I was parked on the side of the entrance. He then got on the phone to the police.

He was so mean.

I cried. I sat there and cried.

At one point, I thought I was gonna lose it. I thought I was gonna start screaming at the top of my lungs. I thought I was going to start banging my fist on the steering wheel. I thought I was gonna lose it, but I had to talk to myself. I had to tell myself that losing it would not change anything at all. I pulled myself together and I dumped all my clothes out of my laundry bag and I got a towel. I laid each one under my two front tire. I got back into the car and put it in reverse. My car moved and backed up enough for me to get out of the parking lot.

It took 3 and a half hours to move my car!!!!

3.5 hours.

I'm in tears right now thinking about it because that incident is such a metaphor for my life right now.

The owner kept telling me to call somebody. I had nobody to call. If I had money I could have called a tow truck, if I had friends that I trust, I could have called them to ask for help, but there is no one that I trust enough to ask for help. So I keep going and going and pushing and pushing and not getting very far because I have no one. I refuse to trust anyone enough to help me. So, I'm stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...