Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Productive Day

The nonprofit organization that I volunteer with paid my storage fee. It was $118. I'm happy. Now I can get more of my clothes and shoes.

I went to the unemployment office to talk to the person assigned to my case. I didn't tell them that I spoke with someone on the phone yesterday and they told me that they would send me a letter. I simply said that I was supposed to have an interview and no one called me. The man looked up my information. He said that someone called mat 11:03am and he gave me the number that they called. I told the man that they called the wrong number and that I called on Friday to update my phone number. I even gave him the number that they called from which is not the contact number that is in my letter that was in the mail. I told him that whoever I talked to on Friday said that my information was updated. He told me that he didn't doubt my story, but for some reason it didn't update in the computer, so they made a determination about my case. AGGRAVATING!!!!

He said that he would pass along my information to the person who is supposed to handle my case and she would give me a call either today or tomorrow. So far, no one has called me. I will be there bright and early tomorrow morning!!!

After the unemployment office, I went to one of the hospitals that I have bills at. Since I hadn't opened any of the mail, I didn't know what the lady was talking about. She asked me if I filled out the financial form. I told her I hadn't gotten it. She simply gave me a form to fill out that detailed my income, expenses, and assets. I detailed that I have $0 income, $$2500 in expenses (they only wanted to know about rent and utilities), and $1.99 in assets in my checking account :-)

She then told me that she needed a copy of my 2009 taxes and a statement from unemployment. I told her that I didn't know what was going on with my unemployment right now because (see above).

After leaving there, I went to pay my storage fee. The woman was so nice. I'm happy that people are nice!!!!! It makes my crazy situation much bearable.

After the storage, I went to the other hospital to apply for financial assistance. Their system was a little different. In addition to my 2009 taxes, I needed copies of my W-2s, the last three month's of pay stubs that showed my YEAR TO DATE earnings and my unemployment statement. It took me almost an hour to gather all of that information. I'm glad I left that stuff at my office at the church because there is no way I would have kept up with it in my car and I knew that my storage would probably be locked so I didn't want to leave it there.

I went to my office at church, copied and printed off all the required information and headed back to both hospitals. When I got to St. Mary's (the one that required my W-2s), the woman went over my information and told me that since I worked another job in 2009, I needed a YTD total of my earnings. WHAT???? I told her that I hadn't worked at the other job since June 2010 and that all my stuff is in storage and it was locked (yeah, I paid it, but they won't unlock it until the check clears since I was behind). Plus, I can't remember where those check stubs are, that was over a half a year ago. What to do, what to do???? The only other option would be to wait until I get my W-2 from that job or call them to see if they could get me some type of statement that says what I earned. I told the woman that the job was in Springfield, but the headquarter was in Chicago. She told me that they would not be able to help me without that information. What to do, what to do????? I'm gonna try see if I can find an old check stub.

I then went to the other hospital and dropped the paperwork off. Easy breezy!!!

So now I wait and wait and wait and wait.

I borrowed $10 to get some gas. That didn't go far. I remember when $10 would get enough gas to last me two weeks. Now it doesn't last a day. WHAT?? Plus, it's super cold!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...