Friday, December 10, 2010

Lost Transcript

I called my alma mater to ask if they had a record of me sending the transcript.  They did have a record of me ordering it and they did send it our.  However, it never got to them.  So, I called today to check to see if they locate my transcript on campus somewhere and the secretary stated that she hadn't been able to locate it.  So, I'm ordering a new transcript.  The problem is, I don't have the money to order it.  Transcripts normally cost $5 and they send it out in the order it was received.  But, I can send a rushed transcript for $10 and they send it out the next business day.  I can also order a faxed transcript and they fax it and also send it out the next business day.  That cost $15.  I have nada.  I still have to pay my car note and I have money to rent a motel room on this weekend.  (I think).

So, I'm gonna have to figure out where I can get $15 from.  I want to put my best foot forward.

I got an email from a temporary service the send me out on jobs every now and then.  The job description is:   

Temporary Employee Roles & Responsibilities for Application Management • Management of all grant applications entered in CyberGrants o Submitting all sponsorships, hospitality/entertainment packages and sporting tickets applications to the appropriate, internal reviewing body o Collecting and continuing vetting of all applications and funding requests o Uploading proper approvals to CyberGrants • Manage budget o Receive quarterly/monthly reports from business units/locations, tracking local spend related to Cares projects • Supervision of all funding requests within CyberGrants, designated to programs • Administrations of all requests o Funding will be against each group’s P&L o Responsible for ensuring correct allocation of funding in CyberGrants for reporting capabilities • Provide monthly report on budget tracking to Community Engagement for initial review • Provide all reports to VAP for final review • Provide all reports to business units, OCE and Accounting 

This sounds exciting.  I write grants and I've written corporate grants before and this job will help me with my grant writing.  I will be able to see what Corporations look for when they are reviewing grants.  This is only a temporary position, but it is temp to hire.  


The problem is, I don't know if' it's full time or not.  Also, usually these types of jobs are only $10 an hour.  I'd have to calculate if it would be worth it compared to my unemployment benefits.  Of course this can open the door for me for something else and this will surely build my resume in grant writing.  So, I'm going to be weighing all my options.  


My interview is on Wednesday at 2pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...