Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Confrontational

I've never been confrontational. My motto is "Can we all just get along?!" Why does there have to be friction???

I decided that I needed to go to my former employer to ask why they told Gina I was supposed to be calling them. When I got there, I told V that I was never told to contact them every week. I told her that according to the last email they would contact me. Of course she had a defense--she said that she meant for that week. WHAT??? She then told me that maybe she could send me to the other city to work. I told her just put me on the list. But I'm not going to drive 45 miles for a job that will only be about $10 and hour. Firstly, my car is on a donut and I should not be driving on that anyway. Secondly, gas is $3.17/gallon. I won't be making any money because it would cost me too much to drive. Thirdly, I was never hired to be sent on assignments, so I don't want to go. Maybe if the job was for $15 and hour I'd go. I don't want to for $13 like I was being paid before. So, I finished the conversation and went about my business.

When I got to the church, I locked myself out of the office. I dumbly locked the door with my keys in the office. Grrrrr. The church secretary didn't have a key, only those who worked in that office had a key. So there I was trying to break into the office with a butterknife. Then I realized...I needed to talk to the church secretary about not showing up for the events she signed up for and for sending out emails calling meetings that she don't even show up for. I need to confront that issue. I whispered to God that I'd deal with it, but I needed to get into my office. God is funny sometimes. I took the other keys out of my pocket (we are not allowed to take the keys to the rooms home, they have to stay in the office) and decided to try those keys in the knob. Didn't work. So I went to the back office to try the keys and presto....it opened. I told God that I would deal with the issue with the secretary. However, I got to working on stuff and she normally leaves around 2pm, so when I looked at the clock it was 1:57pm. I went up to her office and she was gone. I was relieved, but also apprehensive, because I still have to confront the issue.

So, I'll go to her office when I get to the church tomorrow to have a talk--a loving talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...