Friday, December 3, 2010

A truck load of mattresses

I stayed at the University until close to midnight last night.  I watched the Defenders on hulu.com.  I like that show :-).  So naturally this morning I was tired and didn't get up until 9am.  When I got up there was an 18 wheeler parked a few rows over.  The guy was in the truck talking. So I just peeked my head back down and waited, and waited, and waited.  By 9:30 I looked up again and he was fixing his truck.  The hood was up.  He was also talking really loudly, so I put my head back down, dosed back off to sleep.  At 10am I peeked up again and saw the truck moving.  Good!!  Now I could get up and go about my business.  Before I got up the truck stopped.  What is this man doing?  I asked myself.  He got out the truck and went to the back of it.  I peeked up some more to see what he was doing and there was a whole crew of people unloading mattresses.  WHAT???? 

I guess he hotel ordered new mattresses and the guy was delivering them. There were piles and piles of mattresses.  I watched for a little while and then went back to sleep.  Not long after, I heard the truck start up and I looked up and this time he was leaving.  All the people were done unloading and I guess they were inside the motel because no one was outside.  This was my time to get up and out of there and I did.

I prayed to God because  I needed .75.  For some reason there is a slow leak in my tire and it was totally flat when I left the university last night.  So my first stop was the gas station.  I didn't want to have to beg someone for change, but I didn't have it, until I started searching my car.  I came up with exactly .76 and I was able to inflate my tire.  Thank God!!! 

After that I went to the post office.  That's when I found the ineligible letter.  From there I went to shower at the college. 

I wonder where they are going to put the old mattresses.  Somebody could use those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...