Thursday, December 2, 2010

Just Sucks

I checked my account today and there was $9.  Yep, after the overdraft fees and the other charges, my bank left me with $9.  I have no gas and $9.  This is exhausting!!!!!!

I haven't heard anything from either job.  I'm at my wits end.  Last night was not so good.  I stayed at the University until after midnight. When I got out to my car it wouldn't start.  It was so cold the battery died.  Security came and used a charger, but that didn't work.  So one of the cleaning people came to help me.  Well, security asked her to help me, but here battery was half in the side of the car and we couldn't figure out how to connect it.  Another cleaning lady came, but we couldn't figure out how to open her hood.  It was freezing.  Security finally came.  He decided to use the security vehicle to give me a jump.  He wasn't supposed to for liability reasons, but it was after 1am now and we had no other options.

When I settled in at the hotel parking lot I layered myself and piled clothes all over me.  I prayed and prayed.  I was pretty warm, but my toes were frozen.  I can't seem to keep my toes warm.

I've been reading how to keep warm in the cold.  I found that the Eskimos don't wear anything under their  coats and thermal pants and they stay quite warm.  The reason they stay warm is because they make sure that no cold air gets inside their coat and pants.  They have two layers.  The inner layer is fur lined and it traps warmth.  The outside of that layer keeps the wind out.  I think it's seal skin.  The outer layer is fur lined, but the fur is on the outside.

However, they don't sell any Eskimo clothes in the regular store.  So, I have to figure out how to make my layers so that no cold air gets in.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...