Sunday, December 5, 2010

Just had to laugh

My friend and I left the university around 8pm to go get me some gas.  On the way out of the parking lot, my car died.  It was empty and I was sitting there in front of the university blowing my horn so that my friend could stop and come back to get me.   When she came back I gave her my gas can.  Fortunately, the gas station was on the same block so she didn't have to go far.  Remembering that my battery is not too good, I decided to only flash my hazard lights when a car was coming up behind me. 

When my friend came back, the gas can was empty.  She couldn't get it open.  I opened if for her and off she went again.  She came back and I put the gas in my car, but because the handle was obstructed the flow I couldn't get it all in there.  So I only got in about a half gallon.  I went to start my car and nothing happened.  My battery was dead.  So now she had to jump my battery.  When she did, my car started and shut right back off.  There was not enough gas to keep it going.  By then the security from the university came in his van and put his flashing lights on so that traffic would know to go around us. 

Off my friend went again to the gas station.  By the time she came back the other security guard had come up and when I got out the car he noticed me.  This was the same guard that caught me trying to sleep in the employees lounge two weeks ago.  He told me that if he knew it was me, he would have come to help me.  So we got the gas in the car and tried to start it.  Nothing.  The battery was dead again.  So, my friend had to give me another jump and it started.  When we finally got to the gas station, I pulled up to the pump and my friend was gonna pay with her visa card and we looked up and the credit card slot was taped over.  I just burst out laughing.  We had just spent an hour trying to get my some gas and now that we are at the station, we couldn't even use the machine.  I had to drive around to use a different pump.  It was an eventful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...