Saturday, December 25, 2010

Have yourself a merry little Christmas

I woke up this morning and helped Jenny with Christmas dinner. We baked a turkey and fixed some dressing (I make the bomb dressing, but this wasn't my best because I didn't have all the ingredients that I like). Trina came over to make baked mac and cheese. Mera came over to make stuff shells (they were off the hook).

Mel came to pick me up. He's such a sweet guy. I was helping Jenny shovel the driveway and walkway before he came. When he showed up, he got out his truck, grabbed the shovel from Jenny and finished it. He's such a sweetheart.

When we got to Dining Downtown, I didn't know what to expect.

They told us to assembly in the sanctuary for Christmas Caroling. That was nice. Mel, who is a musician and singer, brought his clarinet and asked he could play for the people during dinner. They allowed him to play and I didn't he was that good. He was amazing. Then he started singing. It's not that he can't sing, it's just that at the time, he needed the play the instrument. He was anointed to play the clarinet because it was beautiful. When he started singing....it was kind of dry--it was killing the spirit. So, he went back to playing. It sounded like the angels were singing.

There were plenty of volunteers. At one point there were more volunteers than people, so I didn't get a chance to serve until closer to the end of the dinner when a lot of volunteers were leaving. It was such a wonderful experience. The news station was there along with the newspaper.

While there, I saw a few people that I knew coming to eat. One of my former students was there. I invited her to our house for dinner. She came over and ate and we all played Apples to Apples. We had fun!!

It was a Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...