Thursday, December 16, 2010

Arizona, Here I Come

I wish!!!! If I didn't have ties to my community like I do, I would gas up my car and head west. My unemployment check is direct deposited. I could activate my checkcard and go.

I just looked at the weather map of the entire country. It's cold everywhere. I thought at least the west and the south was warmer. Take a look for yourself:

I'd have to go to South America to be warm.

This morning when I woke up, there was a sheet of ice covering my car.  It took 30 minutes for my car to start and another 20 minutes to de-ice everything.  And it's still snowing.

I was reading the news stories of all the people who have been stranded on the highways due to the winter storms here in the midwest.  It made me wonder if they even thought about the fact that this is what the homeless experience everyday.  They were only in the cold one night, but this is some people's everyday reality.  I even heard a news story of a woman and her husband that were stranded on the highway had their baby in the car.  The story said that mother and baby were doing fine.  I'm glad, but again, it makes me wonder if they are grateful for their warm houses.  I know I'm grateful for my car because that is my only shelter.  Now, I just need the money to keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...