Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I forgot the Soymilk

My SNAP Benefits were loaded today. I headed to Aldi with my shopping list. There was nary a hotdog or ramen noodle on the list. I wanted real food--chicken, corn, green beans, beans, salmon, talapia... When I walked in the store I felt like a child in the candy store. I was so excited, I had to tell myself to calm down. I stuck to my list. I wanted the basics, no extra fluff--potatoe chips, sweets, etc. I also bought some food for Jenny's daycare center, since I've eaten the cheese crackers and pretzels that she gives to the children. I also bought her milk and juice. Of course when I asked her what she needed, she declined my help, but I went ahead and stocked the shelves with foods I know she serves the children. I spend about $10 buying foods for Jenny's children, another $10 buying eggs for the new year's day breakfast at church and $53 for food for the house. I then went to Walmart because I really wanted some Steel Cut Oatmeal and Wild Rice. However, when I got to Walmart, they didn't have it. It must have been Kroger where I usually buy my steel cut oats. I'll check there later. I also wanted to buy some Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce. We've been eating leftover turkey and dressing and it's really good without the cranberry sauce, but I'm sure it's way better with it. I spent $10 at Walmart.

When I got home, I unpacked all the food and sat down to make a meal planner. I want to make sure that I manage my food so that it will last. While, I was planning my meals, I realized that I left the Soymilk. Grrrrr. I haven't drank regular milk in a couple of years (besides cooking with it), and I don't want to use the milk I bought for Jenny's children, so I'm probably gonna go back to Kroger to see if I can buy some Soymilk. I hope it's on sale.

No word on my unemployment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...