Monday, July 20, 2015

Microeconomics, Failure, and Why I Love God

I passed my midterm---Thank You, God!!

Microeconomics is hard for me and I'm taking this class for the second time around and it's online just as before, but at a different school--a more expensive school.

Actually, I have a little history with micro economics...

I took it my freshmen year and dropped it during the first week. Then I worked at a community college and signed up for the same class. Again, I dropped it during the first week. During these two times, I had no incentive to continue with the class. But, now that I'm on the road to Ph.d, I NEED the class as a prerequisite. So, I signed up last year at the community college and the teacher was a pompous butt-hole. I dropped the class before the final. I was not able to finish it with a passing grade.  But, I still NEEDED the class. So I looked and found it online at U of I and I'm not taking it and right now I have a 78% after the midterm.

Thank God!!

During this past hectic week, not only did I take a midterm, I also helped with Vacation Bible School and I am reminded that I am NO WHERE near where I'm supposed to be spiritually. Actually, I skipped out on prayer because I was asked to do it after spending the night with Mister.

Yes, I spent the night with Mister on Thursday evening. He was in town to meet his daughter (those plans fell through) and I was exhausted and wanted some closeness so I stayed the night and physically, it was great. Spiritually, it was devastating....

Then on Friday I was asked to pray before VBS and I didn't answer.

UGH!!

I was so disappointed in myself. I still am....I let my situation get the best of me.

It is like everything was coming at once. I met a guy who said he would call me and he hasn't and then I met another guy who turned out to be married, and then another married guy was hitting on me and then I broke some $200 equipment (actually, I didn't break it a friend broke it and didn't offer to help fix it), so that burden fell on me and I was overwhelmed.

I needed relief and I sought physical relief instead of spiritual relief.

But, through it all.....I am reminded that everyday that I wake up is another day to get it right. This is why I still love God and I am going to constantly run back to Him.

Thank God for many many many many many chances of redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...