Monday, December 13, 2010

Interview on Wednesday

My interview is confirmed for Wednesday.  I have to be at the corporate office at 2pm.  I certified for my unemployment benefits for the past two weeks.  Hopefully, I get paid tomorrow.  I need to get some gas for my car and I want to get a room to stay in before the interview.  I have to be polished and I have to be good.  I put an ad on Craiglist for a roommate.  I didn't put an amount because I wanted to be able to negotiate.  I think I'm able to pay about $150 a month.  My goal was to not pay anything, because I'm so far behind in my bills, but if I have to pay something then I have to pay something.

Two weeks until Christmas.

I"m a little bummed out.  My goal has been to have a place to live by the holiday season.  I have two weeks to reach my goal.  I've done everything that I could do--I've prayed, i've applied for job after job, I've interviewed.  I'm applied for social services, I've kept my faith in God.  The Bible says faith without works is dead and I've been doing all that I could do sans begging people.  I don't know what else to do.  I was thinking about calling another city to see if they had emergency shelter that I could go to.  I'd drive to St. Louis or Chicago if that's what it takes.  I even thought about driving some place south where it is warmer--like Miami.  I checked the weather and it's even cold in Atlanta--it's 40 degrees down there.  In Miami, it's 60 degrees.  I thank God we are not in an ice storm like in 2006.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...