Thursday, November 4, 2010

New Drivers License

I've been without a drivers license since November 2009.

Yes, I've been driving illegally.  Here's the story....


March 2009
I was driving a student to the bus station because he needed to buy a ticket to visit a college in Ohio.  He had no family that could do this for him and because my job was to make sure that my students got into college, I took on the responsibility to help him.  On my way to the bus station I got lost.  So instead of going to the next town and turning around I took a U-turn on the highway.  Yes, I know it was illegal, but I didn't have the time to drive for 20 minutes because I could turn around.  Well, I got stuck in the mud in the center of the highway and I had to call a town truck and the police came to give me a ticket for the illegal U turn.  I paid the $25 and went on my way.

May 2009
I was driving more students to visit a college in St. Louis.  I needed to get back to school at a certain time, so I was speeding.  I got a ticket--$75.  I went to court, plead guilty and paid my fine over a 3 month period.

June 2009
I was driving home from a weekend out of town in St. Louis.  I was driving up Route 48 and the police stopped me and told me I was speeding.  It was 1am and it was raining.  I told the officer I had no reason to speed.  It was raining.  I told him that I didn't believe I was speeding.  He said I was.  I didn't want to give him my license, so he let me go with the ticket.

August 2009
I get a letter in the mail saying that since I got 3 tickets within a year's time, my license was suspended for 6 months.  WHAT??????  When did this become the law???????  I was so mad.  I hadn't even plead guilty to the last ticket.  I was gonna go to court to tell them that I wasn't speeding because I did not believe that I was.    I called the circuit clerk in the county and was told that there was an ex parte judgement against me because I didn't show up for court.  Well, I didn't show up because I had lost the ticket and didn't know when the date was.  So I had to pay $75 or I had to pay extra money to get the judgement taken away, go to court again to plead not guilty and then have the judge decide if i was guilty or not.  I didn't do anything.  I just let it sit and sit and sit until in June 2010, I finally paid the ticket.

May 2010
My suspension is up, but I'm afraid that it will cost me upwards of $500 to get my license back, so instead of driving to the DMV, I just let it go.

Now, I've applied for a job that requires me to have a valid drivers license and valid insurance.  Which I let lapse in January.  I had no license and no legal right to drive, so what's the point of insurance?

Now I must get insurance.  I"m going to the DMV today to see what I can do to get it back.  I pray that God grant me favor!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...