Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dreaming

Yesterday I parked in the park to take a nap.  I slept so good that I thought I was in my bed.  I actually forgot where I was.  When I got up it took me a minute to realize I was in my car in the park.

The last two nights have been cold.  I'm not sure why.  The temperature has been 38 degrees.  A couple of weeks ago it was in the 20s and it didn't feel as cold as this.  I'm not sure if my head has something to do with it. It is said that we lose a lot of heat through our head and with braids in my hair, my scalp is exposed.  I keep a hat on a night, but it doesn't cover my whole head.  I think I"m gonna get my scarf and wrap my head up.  Maybe that will keep me warmer.

One of the temp services called me with a temporary assignment with a local service agency.  It's only minimum wage.  I'm just not sure about it since I've applied for unemployment.  I don't want to work full time for minimum wage if I get paid more in unemployment.  I'll see how it goes.

I was sad last night and almost cried when I was trying to sleep.  My brother text me to ask if I was gonna be able to pick him up.  At this rate, I have no income coming in, so I don't think I'll be able to pick him up.  My plans were to visit my dad for Thanksgiving, but with no income, I won't be able to do that either.  So, I laid in the back seat of my car and fought back the tears.

I was also sad because I"m not sure if I"m gonna get the job.  There were a few questions in the interview that I wasn't sure they liked my response.  I just pray that God's will be done. It seems that they didn't even realize that I left my M.S. degree off my application.  That didn't faze them.  When asked where do I see myself in 5 years, I was stumped.  I was thinking the other day that I should have named this blog "Job for the Holiday" instead of "Home for the Holiday" because I need a job and Thanksgiving is next week and I have no income.

My spiritual mom emailed me to ask me how I was doing.  I wrote her back to tell her that I was hanging in there.  I also told her that I was using the word of God for my situations.  The scripture I included was Psalms 30:5 "Weeping may endure for a night, but job cometh in the morning."  I thank God for the morning season in my life when I will be happy and have joy.  Of course I'm not depressed and I thank God that I'm not, but the cold weather is taking a toll on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...