Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Dad, the Pimp

I drove to the St. Louis area last night. I was gonna call my aunt to ask her if I could bunk on her couch until the morning, but I passed on that idea because it took me so long to drive. It was pouring raining all the time I was driving. Mostly I didn't go above 55mph and some times I was driving 45mph. So I pulled into Walmart's parking lot in Collinsville. I stayed there the night. The weather was about 60 degrees so I wasn't cold. I got up at 7:30 to pick up my brother and he wasn't ready. He hadn't packed anything. He hadn't even told my mom that he was going. WHAT?? So I had to try to tell my mom that I was going to take him with me to Kewanee, but since my mom and dad divorced in 2000 she hasn't been quite happy about my little brother going to see his dad. So instead of dealing with the drama, I just told her that we would be at my house. I make up a whole story about my sister coming down to cook and how she's already there now. When we left I called my sister and she said that she told my mom two weeks ago that they would be coming up. So, I told my sister that I told my mom that they would be at my house.

I hate having to lie, but I was in a bind and I didn't want to hear my mom's mouth. It was so much easier to tell her that we would be at my house than my dad's.

When we got to Kewanee, my dad wasn't at home. Where was he?

Down the street with his 23 year old girlfriend.

Yeah, my 52 year old dad has a girlfriend that is almost the same age as his youngest daughter--my baby sister is 21, and even his grand daughter--she's 20.

When he finally got home, I gave him a big hug. I haven't seen him since I was about 18 or 19. He and my mom divorced in 2000 after being married for about 18 years. It was a crazy marriage.

He sat around for a little while, there wasn't much talking. I think he was kind of nervous or something. So he went back to hang out with his girlfriend. When he was leaving he put on his earrings--two diamonds in each year, his gold diamond rings, got his fur coat and pimp hat and left.

WHAT???????????????


He looked like an old pimp. I was so shocked. My sis and her boyfriend said that this is a routine. He remarried in 2000 not long after the divorce and his wife just died in September. My sis said that since she died he has been crazy with the women--just jumping from woman to woman. He's finally settled on a 23 year old woman.

My sis said she was a little upset that his children and grandchildren are here to see him, but he's not here. My sis's boyfriend, Kevin, talked to him. Kevin said that he's in love--he's been without for 4 years while his wife was suffering with cancer and remission and then even being overtaken by it, now that he has a woman that can be a companion, he wants to make up for lost time. Of course he hasn't seen his children and grand children and need to make up for lost time with us, but I'm not complaining.

We did get a change to talk on Friday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...