Monday, November 22, 2010

Open Position

I just turned in my application for a Resident Manager of the Homeward Bound program. I saw this position advertised about a year ago and while I was perusing the online classified there it was. The deadline was today at noon, so I quickly printed the application, filled it out and headed to the office. The application was simple so it only took me 5 minutes.

There is no compensation for the position, however, you live in a 2 bedroom apartment rent free and all utilities are paid. All I have to do is live onsite and make sure that there is order and peace, make sure that the grounds stay cleaned and the trash is picked up on schedule. I also have to provide a report of any unruly tenants or tenant issues. We'll see how this goes.

I have not heard from the other position yet. None of my references have told me that they called them. Also, when I prayed yesterday, I heard God ask me if I wanted to position. I didn't know what to answer, so I just said that I wanted His will to be done in my life. I don't know if I want the job. Sure, I want the income and to have my own place to live, but is this job for me? I don't know. When I was thinking about it, what they really needed was someone who is a nutritionist. Of course if I'm chosen for the job, I would take a nutrition and diet therapy class so that I can make sure that I know what I'm talking about.

Right now I'm working on a grant for the organization that I volunteer for. The grant is for a million dollars over the next 5 years. It's not open for solicitation yet, but I've been working on it all year with the hopes that it will be due in December. It's a big deal and a lot of work, so I'm praying and working on it with the hopes that I will be apart of the staff for the program. The unfortunate thing is that we won't know if we are funded until Summer 2011. Until then I will be writing, writing, writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...