Monday, November 29, 2010

Love never fails

After church on yesterday I was a little apprehensive. I didn't know where I was gonna go and I told God that I didn't know what I was gonna do. I didn't want to sit in my car all afternoon. The university was closed for Thanksgiving until 6pm on Sunday when most of the students would come back. So, I sat in the office at my church. You might wonder how I"m able to hang around the church after others have gone home. Well, my church is separated into groups that clean after service. My job is to clean all the glass doors. I do this every Sunday after everyone has gone home. Also, I volunteer to work for a nonprofit that is ran out of my church, so I have an office with keys to all the rooms that we use, even the food pantry. So on Sunday, I stay in my office to work on the programs that we operate. I also use my office to store my clothes and shoes so that I could unload my trunk. I'm a trustworthy person, so no one minds that I hang around. I also do a quite a bit of work with the nonprofit, so I have reason to be here.

Anyway, after church I went to the office and I worked on a few things. I got a text from one of my former students asking if she could borrow my laptop. She needed to work on an assignment for her class. When I took it to her at 4pm I was able to sit around her house and talk to her mom and watch TV until 6pm when the university opened up. Of course I would have preferred a bed to take a nap in because for some reason I was tired, but because I went to her house I was able to sit and chill instead of chilling (literally) in my car because I had no where to go.

Thank God. His love never fails!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...