Sunday, November 14, 2010

Now until Him...

I slept so good last night, I forgot that I was homeless.

I rented a room in the hotel last night.  I was a little bothered because when I first rented a room, the charge was $46.  The next two week it was $50.  This week it was $56.  I don't understand.  Does the room rates go up every week?  The hotel is owned by a middle eastern family.  As far as I know they live on the premises when they are working.  I asked him if the rates change weekly and he said they they didn't, but they change monthly.  Hmmm.

The room was nice and warm and the bed was comfortable.  It was so comfortable, I almost forgot that I was only renting the room for the night and that on today I will be back in my car sleeping.  When I got in my car this morning, I was a little upset.  I know I could have done more to prevent this, but there comes a time when trouble becomes a burden.  I've been good so far with not complaining and keeping a positive attitude, but I got into my cold car this morning and the temperature said, "Ice," and I was just tired of this situation.

At church today my Pastor preached about the seed of the word of God and how that seed can grow.  I couple of weeks ago my Pastor's wife told me to speak the word of God over my life.  So I'm going to declare the word of God over my life.

Psalms 37:25...have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.


Deuteronomy 28:13...And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them.


Matthew 7:11...Don't bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This isn't a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we're in. If your child asks for bread, do you trick him with sawdust? If he asks for fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? As bad as you are, you wouldn't think of such a thing. You're at least decent to your own children. So don't you think the God who conceived you in love will be even better?  The Message Bible


Luke 6:38...Give, and [gifts] will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will they pour into [the pouch formed by] the bosom [of your robe and used as a bag]. For with the measure you deal out [with the measure you use when you confer benefits on others], it will be measured back to you.
The Amplified Bible


I particularly like the last scripture because I've given to people.  I've allowed people to live with me for free.  I've paid doctor bills and electric bills for people...I've done these things, not to be repaid or to be seen, but it was from my heart.  If there was a need and I had the means, I was there.  I've driven people back and forth over the highway to see their children, I've shown the love of Christ to those in need.  That was the way I was raised.  However, if the word of God says to give and it shall be given back, then I stand on the word of God.  


I thank God that the money that I've sown into my church will be given back to me, good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over will they pour into me.  


I know that God blessed me because for a year, my landlord allowed me to live in my apartment without paying rent.  My goal is to pay that man back because he could have put me out on the streets a long time ago.  


I consider my giving as seeds.  I sow into my church, I sow into other people and the thing about a seed is that it produces more than one fruit.  One apple seed can produce an apple tree and that apple tree can produce hundreds of apples each and every year.  All of that is from one seed.  So, I thank God that the seeds that I've sown will produce good fruit because I've sown them in good soil.  


Matthew 13:8...But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.


I thank God for believing in His word.  God told Jeremiah that he will make every word I give you come true.  I thank God that He gives me His word to speak out of my mouth so that it will come true.  


I thank God that he's allowed my student loan to be paid.  I don't know how, but when I looked it up the other day, was $2000 less than what it should have been.  I haven't paid a dime of it this year, but somehow it had decreased!!!  Thank you Jesus.  


It is miracles like that that causes me to continue to have faith in God!!!!


I thank God that I am obedient to His word.  I thank God that I"m not overtaken in sin and disobedience!!!!


Jude 1:24-15... And now to him who can keep you on your feet, standing tall in his bright presence, fresh and celebrating—to our one God, our only Savior, through Jesus Christ, our Master, be glory, majesty, strength, and rule before all time, and now, and to the end of all time. Yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...