Wednesday, January 13, 2021

I Will Recover

I've been in therapy because I have to get my mind right. And I believe if I can get my mind right, I can get my body and life right. I have a lot of regrets. I hate these regrets. I'm not sure why I can't shake them. 

I quit making goals for myself because I was so disappointed in myself for not reaching my goals. The disappointment of failure plagued me so much that I stopped making goals. But in group therapy the therapist told us to make a mission statement based on values for the new year. I liked that so I'm gonna try it. 

In order to do my mission statement I have to examine what I value....

Some things I value:

1) My relationship with Christ. 

2) My health

3) Good relationships

4) My future. 

So I have to craft a mission statement to include these values. 

In doing this I have reevalute my behaviors. One such behavior is with men....

I met Adam online a few weeks before Christmas. I gave him my number and we started chatting December 26. We met in person on New Year's Day for dinner at his house. We had a good conversation. One January 7....

This is the behavior that I MUST change. I feel like he's someone I can be with. He's stable, believes in God (even though he doesn't go to church) he's not into drama, etc. I'm just tired of wondering.....wondering if I will ever be with someone. Wondering if anyone will ever love me like I love him. 

But, despite this I will keep moving forward....



No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...