Sunday, November 7, 2010

Promises of God

My pastor preached about the promises of God.  The scripture was Hebrews 6:13-20.  God promised Abraham that he would be the father of many nations.  However, Abraham and Sarah did not have any children.    As a matter of fact, Sarah could not have children at all, but God promised Abraham that his seed would multiply. Abraham waited on God and about 25 years later, he had a son--Isaac.  Then Isaac had a son named Jacob and Jacob had 12 sons that led to the 12 tribes of Israel.

He encouraged us to know that if God promised us anything, if God gave us a vision for our life, he would bring it to past because God can't lie.

I thank God for my promises.  I thank God for the promises in the Bible.  One scripture that I quote is, "...I've never seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread in the street."  I thank God that I"m not forsaken.  He will take care of me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...