Monday, November 15, 2010

Unemployment Benefits

I've applied to unemployment benefits.  I'm not sure how long it takes for the paperwork to go through, but it was a simple application online.  It gave information about being paid for the highest quarter of work.  I'm not sure what all that means, but hopefully it means that I can get paid the maximum which would be about $385 a week.

My interview is today at 1pm.  I'm going to practices some interview questions.  I wanted to get my suit cleaned and pressed, but I had no funds.  So, I will be ironing the best I can.  My hair turned out great.  However, I have to finish the very top, but I can't find my scissors.  I'll try to find some today so that I can finish it before my interview.  I lost my hair gel.  I believe I dropped it when I was leaving the university on yesterday.  Man, I need that hair gel.  My hair doesn't look the same without it and I don't have the money to buy more.

My former student's mom came through for me again.  She invited me over for dinner--smothered pork chops, au gratin potatoes, green beans and sweet rolls.  It was wonderful.  I will say that I have never bought or cooked pork chops before, but beggars can't be choosers, so I take what I can get.  The other night she invited me over for tacos.  I'm trying to figure out what type of Christmas gift I can get her.  She doesn't have to be so nice to me.  I was thinking about buying her a pecan pie, but she's a diabetic and she can't eat it.  So, I have to be creative to figure out something else to buy her.

I thought I was gonna be self-conscience at church with one of the members knowing my situation.  However, I wasn't.  Of course I haven't talked to her.  I think I will see her tonight.  She's planning a wedding for one of the Elders in our church and I'm assisting with his wedding, so we will have a meeting this evening.  We'll see how that goes.  I'm not sure if she reads the files.  I do know that she works with individuals who are released from jail who need housing.  I'm not sure if she works with anyone else.  I also know that she has a home that she's converting to assist the homeless.  I know that because she had me read over her proposal for the program she is trying to start.  This was in January of this year.  I don't know if she's been able to get her program up and running, but she had a nice plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...