Monday, November 29, 2010

I'm So Excited

I got excited today while I was emailing the ED of the organization I volunteer with. She was asking me to submit a calendar of what I'm working on. I listed 6 programs that I'm working on. I got a rush from my agenda. Even though I'm not working, I'm keeping busy. Some of the programs I'm working on with the nonprofit are:

1. Neighborhood Organization
I just started working with the neighborhood organization. I'm working on their articles of incorporation. I'm also working on a garden project for next summer. I would love to help out with a garden. I can't wait until next spring. We are going to grow fresh produce and we are going to train young people to sell at the farmer's market. I'm so excited.

2. School Suspension Program
I work with the youth program and one thing that I'm working on is a program to house students who are suspended from school. Our statistics of students who are suspended are horrible. Over 600 students in the high schools (we only have 2) have been suspended more than once. That's nuts.

3. GED program
I'm working on a program to help people get their GED and get into college. I'm also working on a grant for the program

4. Life Skills classes
I'm going to work on the life skills classes with the school that I applied at. I hope I get the job because this can be a great partnership.

5. Grant writing
I have about 6 grants that I have scheduled to write. My schedule goes into February of next year!!!!

6. School Conference
I'm going to be assisting a state organization with a conference for schools here in town. I'm excited!!!


I love working with this organization. Hopefully, we can get funded so that I can get paid for my time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...