Monday, November 15, 2010

Interview Today

It went well.  I was very comfortable and at ease with the 3 interviewers--Tom, Kendra, and Gloria.  Julie came in late.  I'm so not used to informal interviews.  I'm used to the world of education--all the questions are the same for each candidate and notes are taken on each candidate, no more no less.  However, this interview seemed very informal.  They simply asked questions that came to them.  She did ask me where I saw myself in 5 years.  That was difficult to answer because I have not thought that far ahead.  I used to be very goal oriented--list oriented, and organized when it came to my future.  However, I've been blowing in the wind since January.  I've applied to go to school to work on my Ph.D in Public Administration, but the program doesn't start until Fall 2011.  I want to be done within 18 months with my course work.  I want to take a year to work on my research project.  Additionally, I want to work on my Master's in Sociology.  Eventually, I want to work on documentaries.  I think what she was getting at was do I want to run the program, but I wasn't comfortable saying that I want to run the program.  She said that she would be calling about the position in a couple of weeks.  My prayer was just that God's will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...