Monday, October 4, 2010

Tiny Miracles are still Miracles

I was so frustrated that I couldn't blog on yesterday (there was something wrong with my blog) that I forgot what I was going to blog about until now.  Here goes:

I was nervous on last week, (actually apprehensive) about my money.  When I balanced my checkbook, I realized that I was overdrawn, so I stomach was turning thinking that I would have to pay extra money for an overdrawn account.  However, I looked up my account on Saturday morning (I get paid by direct deposit on Fridays) and was most grateful to have had the checks that I wrote come in the same day that my direct deposit came in.  Thank you God.  That would have been an extra $60 going down the drain.

I was able to pay my phone bill so that it would be active, get gas, buy food and take $15 to go to the movies.  I know that luxuries like the movie theater should be the last thing on my mind, but it's cheap entertainment.  Instead of going to the university or the college and trying to ask someone to let me in the door because I left my ID (that's my line.  I"m not actually lying) I decided to spend Saturday at the movies.  All day Saturday.  Well, not actually all day because I took some young people to do community service at the nursing home.  We played bingo with the elderly.  So, I missed the first show at 1pm, but I made the 4pm, 7pm, and 9:30pm show.  Yep, I paid for one movie, but watched 3.

At 4, I watched The Social Network.  Pretty decent movie.  I liked the portrayal of Sean Parker by Justin Timberlake.  It was an interesting movie.  I wonder how much is true.

At 6:30, I went into the some 3-D cartoon movie about wolf packs.  I didn't get the name, I just needed to sit around until the next movie started.

At 7, I watched Wallstreet: Money Never Sleeps.  Really good movie.  I was getting a little tired after that, but I wanted to see You Again.  However, it didn't start until 9:45, so at 9, I went into Easy A and got stuck. It wasn't that I really wanted to see the movie (I didn't know what it was about), but instead of sitting all the way in the back like I normally do, I sat 3 rows from the back because I didn't think many people would show up.  I turned out to be a packed house about 15 min after I sat down and I felt awkward leaving the movie.  So I stayed.  I"m glad I did because when I left after it was over, I slipped into the You Again movie theater and there were only 2 people there.  I'm not sure if the theatre staff keeps track of how many people see a particular movie, but I'm sure I would have not been comfortable not blending in.

Easy A was an okay movie. There was a lot of christian mockery that I didn't care for, but it was ok, I guess.

Afterwards, I headed to the hotel parking lot.  It was nice and cold, but I managed under 2 layers of covers.

I was terribly frightened during the night when I hear a loud thump, like someone had thrown a rock at my car.  I was sure someone had found me out because I heard people talking.  My heart beat so fast, I thought it was gonna beat out of my chest.  Adrenaline was flowing through my veins so fast, I just kept peeping from under the covers.  I managed to fall back to sleep after I realized that no one was coming to peak into  my car.  About an hour later (actually, I'm not sure what time it was) the same loud thump of a rock or something hard hitting my car woke me up.  I wasn't as terrified, especially after I looked at the clock and saw that it was past 2am.  I slowly peaked up and saw that no one was around, so I sat up in my back seat.  About 15 min later another loud thump and I realized that it was the acorns (or some kind of tree nut) falling from the tree I parked under.  Boy did this have me spooked.  So, I moved my car and went back to sleep.

Now, I don't sleep underneath that tree anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...