Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I expect a miracle!!

Every time I work in the other city I also find myself praying fervently before I get there. Basically because the office is a little hostile. My boss stood over me and yelled at me for making a mistake. Ever since then I have a little bit of anxiety going in.

Another reason for my anxiety this week is because I hadn't worked since Tuesday and I knew that I didn't finish my project. I wasn't on purpose it was just that I was supposed to work Wednesday afternoon, but my supervisor told me not to come in at all. I started to tell her that I would be there to finish the project, but at the time I was too tired from working at the temp job and I didn't want to have to drive all that way anyway so I just left it at that. She called me on Thursday to finish the project. However, something got screwed up on Saturday. Two extra people showed up. It was confusing, but I got through it and went about my day quietly because I didn't want to get yelled at again.

When my supervisor left for lunch I got a call asking about a position and I directed the person to the website. I decided to check the website myself to see what was posted.

I was shocked to see that my position was posted. Yes, the very job that I was doing. I'm sure they weren't hiring an extra person because if they needed an extra person they'd just add to my hours. I returned to the site to see it again to make sure that I wasn't just imagining things.

After the initial shock wore off, I got kind of nervous. What am I gonna do for money? I need to pay my car note because that's my only shelter. I was a little paralyzed and I had to make myself do my work. When I got to lunch the only thing I could think to do was to pray. I did and then I needed some "pick me up" music. So I listed to the Clark Sisters old school song, "Miracle."

By the time my lunch was over I felt better. I just kept telling God that I trust Him. My car is my only shelter and I can't lose it, so I believe that he will make a way for me to keep it. I also looked up some scriptures:

John 14:1 The Message Bible
Don't let this throw you. You trust God, don't you? Trust me.
This was Jesus talking to the His disciples.

1 Peter 5:7 The Amplified Bible
7Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns,once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.


So, that's what I did. I put my trust in Him and I told Him about my worries and my anxieties and that I need HIm to make a way for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...