Monday, October 4, 2010

Bed Bugs and I don't even have a bed

I've been hearing about bedbugs in the media a lot.  I'm beginning to wonder if I have them in my car.  I keep waking up with little bites on my neck.  I have no idea what it could be.  I think it's too cold for any other bugs and I've read that bedbugs are hearty little blood suckers.

I wouldn't be surprised because over a year ago, I had them.

In December 2008, I stayed in a hotel and brought one of the little blood suckers home with me.  I didn't realize what it was until months after I saw the little bug on my scarf.  So I just let it fall to the floor without killing it.  I figured it would just die.  Well, unfortunately instead of dying the thing multiplied and by June 2009 my apartment was infested and I had to spend about $300 to exterminate.  That doesn't include the money I spent to stay in a different hotel and to get all my clothes cleaned.  However, I lived in an apartment building, so even though the exterminators came, I'm sure some of the bugs simply moved along while my place was being fumigated because a year later July 2010, they returned.  When I was first infested, I told my landlord and he didn't do anything about it and I didn't know that they would return, but they did.  Any I thought that I had cleaned all my clothes when I moved, but for some reason, I've been getting bit on my neck and I'm suspecting bedbugs.  I don't know what to do.  Do I get my car fumigated.  Can bedbugs survive the winter?  I know they can't survive extreme heats which makes me wonder if it's really bedbugs because my car get's pretty hot when the sun it out.  The temperature got into the 80s last week.  Hmmmm.  What could it be?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...