Thursday, October 28, 2010

I believe in Miracles

I went to the ER last night at the urging of my mother. I went to a different hospital than before. The staff were wonderful. The service was fast. However, I did not know that hospital staff didn't use latex gloves. Maybe it interferes with what they need to do, but I had to be stuck by 4 different needs and each time none of the staff used gloves. I even had to take an aspirin and she didn't have gloves on. I started to ask her if her hand were clean. But should have I too? It's a hospital. Do you know how many germs are in hospitals. People die from illnesses they get while in the hospital!!

I had to have a arterial blood gas done which is excruciatingly painful. They have to draw the blood from one of the most oxygen rich sources which happens to be the radial artery in the wrist. However, the artery is not on the surface, so they have to dig for it. I almost cried when she told me. I've had this done before and the guy had to dig and dig to find the artery. It's done by feel. After he finished the nerve had been damaged because my hand was numb and tingly for about a month. I told the staff this and she said that she'd be careful and that if she couldn't get it she'd stop. Well, she couldn't get it so she had to stop. She got her colleague to come and he got it right on. He was fast and efficient. However, both of my wrist were sore now.

After the blood gas, I got a chest x-ray, and IV connected and then on to a CT scan. Even though all of the service was fast, It was at about 10:30 when the doctor came in to tell me the good news:

NO BLOOD CLOTS!!!

However, I did have pleurisy. The doctor was kind of amazed because he could not hear the fluid in his stethescope. He had to listen to my chest a number of times. I sounded fine, but he saw all the fluid on the CT Scan. He prescribed antibiotics, steroids and pain pills. I didn't take either.

This morning I woke up and I felt wonderful. Cold, but wonderful. No chest pain. I stretched and breathe deeply and there was no pain. I got out to use the restroom in the Walmart and I decided to run back to my car. When I finished running I breathe deeply and there was a little ache, but overall I was fine.

When I told people what I had someone said something about pneumonia. I curse that because I don't accept anything that is not mine.

So I thank God for my miracle. Next time I'm not going to the ER. I wasted more money doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...