Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Flu Ain't No Joke

I've had the flu once in my life...during H1N1. A student came to class, "Ms. Nelson, I'm not gonna be in class today, I got the flu."  WHAT!!  "GET OUT," is what I told him. That was on a Friday. On Sunday, I was attacked. Full blown headache, chills, and sweats. It felt like my head was in vice grip. I took my temp and it was 102. I called my mom. She told me to go to the ER. Then she told me to call my doctor. I did and the doctor told me that it was only the flu, take some Tylenol and if the fever didn't go down, call her. I did and the fever went down. For the next week I was miserable. And I still had to work because we were planning an open house for an after school event.

I took Monday off and was back at school on Tuesday.  That was 2009.

Yesterday morning I woke up and I was just sneezing and sneezing. My nose was running and it was like allergies had hit me hard. I went to work and as the day was going on, my throat started to get scratchy. I got some Emergen-C and generic Airborne and began my routine doping whenever I feel myself coming down with a cold. It wasn't work. I got home from church and I just tossed and turned all night. I used so much tissue it was a shame.  I got up this morning and went to Walgreens to get some NyQuil and I went back to bed. I didn't get up until 2pm.

Now I'm waiting to go home. I was gonna be out...taking some NyQuil and hitting the sheets. Everything hurts, my head, my ear, my body....this flu got me good, but I'm not gonna let it keep me from doing the will of the Lord. I will still deliver the word of God to the teens...

THANK GOD FOR STRENGTH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...