Friday, July 11, 2014

Why Oh Why??

I've been volunteering for Vacation Bible School for some years now and I really enjoy it. It reminds me of the summers at home when I was young and we spent our days at the church in Vacation Bible School. This is just who I am and what I do. I love the house of God.

Usually I help to plan the fun activities for the teens. But, this year there was a new team. And being apart of the new team I was given a lesson to teach. However, a few days before I was given the lesson, I was thinking about the theme which was, "The Connection," and God spoke to me about the prodigal son so I began to study the prodigal son. And I came up with a lesson and my two main points were that the reason to stay connected to Christ is to fulfill the purpose of God and to get what God has promised.

So, I had my lesson all planned before our first meeting two weeks ago. We met, got everything together and the week of Vacation Bible School I got sick. I caught the flu. I wasn't sure if I was gonna make it to VBS. As the week went on, I began to feel better, but the night before I was supposed to teach on Friday, I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned all night.  I had to take the day off to sleep all day because I was so tired and being sick on top of it all, didn't help.

Well, I got to church and I couldn't print my notes.  But, I wasn't going to let it get to me, I just went to another computer. I got all of my notes printed and off to my lesson I went. I think the teaching went well, but I was a little bothered. At the end of the teaching, it was quiet. Too quiet. I almost didn't know what to do. I'm not sure if they even understood everything and at the end, I meant to have them get together and teach their own lesson of what they learned, but I didn't. So, I went to Bible trivia, which was kind of boring.

I'm not sure if I even made and impat. That is my problem. How do I know if I've done what God has told me to do?

Why God, do I do what You tell me to do, but then what?

Why?

I love God and I will always have faith and trust Him, but sometimes, I just don't see where I am or what I'm doing that is right.

God, help me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...