Monday, October 4, 2010

Bday Blues

My little brother is turning 16 on tomorrow and he has the blues.  He was supposed to come to live with me in August, but I had to tell him that he couldn't come.  Of course I didn't tell him that I was homeless, but he was sad.

My family is not very supportive.  They are actually hostile and slightly abusive.  Not physically, but mentally.  I had to leave home at 17 because I couldn't take it anymore.  I had gotten severely depressed and I prayed to God for a solution and that was the first time I heard God speak to me.  He told me to ask my mom if I could live with my grandmother and my life changed when I moved.  So, I know how he feels.  He wants to be a happy teenager, but he can't because of my family.  I pray for him and my heart hurts because I screwed up and I can't help him.  I prayed and asked God to forgive me because I need to be able to help my family but I can't because I can't even help myself.  Every time I talk to him he's upset that his bday is coming and he's not happy. Sweet 16 is supposed to be special and I pray that he have a good day on tomorrow, but I pray more that God help me so that I can help him.  I told him that I would be sending him a gift.  My goal is to send him $50.  He's also upset that he doesn't have clothes.  My mom's house burned down a couple of weeks ago and he said that a lot of his clothes burned.  Hopefully he can get something nice with the money.  Hopefully it will brighten his day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...