Friday, October 15, 2010

Paying Taxes

On April 15, I filed and extension for my taxes because I thought I was gonna have to pay close to $200 because I cashed out my retirement fund. So I sent them $20 and an extension form. Well, today is the deadline and I just spent the last 2 hours working on them and I found out that I only have to pay $35 in federal taxes thanks to over $11,000 in charitable giving from 2009. I'm able to itemize my deductions. Thank you Jesus.

However, as I was going through the paperwork, it looks like I may have mistakenly filed my taxes back in February. I'm not sure how though. I have an e-file form from when I was working on my taxes in April. I could have sworn that I checked, do not file. Ugh! So I'm on the phone with the IRS trying to talk to a customer service representative. *Just spoke with IRS CSR and he stated that I did file an extension only. Thank you God, I didn't want to have to try to figure out an amendment. All I need to do now is complete my State tax forms and put everything in the mail. I need to find my stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...