Saturday, October 16, 2010

Emergency Room

I have a history of massive PE, more specifically called Pulmonary Embolism. So, I was very cautious when at 5pm on yesterday I had a mild pain in my calf. It came out of nowhere. I wasn't working out, I was running up stars, I didn't have an injury or accident or anything. I was just sitting, figuring my taxes and I got up and the pain was there. I ignored it, but at about 9pm last night, the pain worsened and caused me to limp. I looked at the symptoms for DVT--Deep Vein Thrombosis which is one cause for PE. One of the symptoms was pain the the calf and swollen ankles. I had both symptoms. Also, when a person is immobilized for a long period such as travelling, there is a risk. However, that's now where I got PE. Mine was due to a surgery which is another common risk factor.

Consequently, at about 11pm, when the pain was causing me to be very uncomfortable, I called my doctor's office after hours number. I gave the woman my symptoms and she said, after mentioning that I couldn't be diagnosed over the phone, that she would call the doctor. At midnight, the pain was unbearable and I was so nervous that I wouldn't wake up in the morning, that I went into the emergency room. I was already in the parking lot. My plan was to sleep in the lot. I was nervous walking in because of all the cars in the lot, but when I got inside there was no one there. I was seen right away. Kelly, the PA sent for a ultra sound and I was praying and praying that I wouldn't have to stay in the hospital and that I wouldn't die. The ultrasound came back negative. No blood clots in my leg. So why does my calf hurt so bad? I have no idea and neither does the doctor. She prescribed tylenol with codeine for the pain and told me to call back on Monday for a follow up. Why would I follow up with them if they can't figure out what's wrong with me?

Of course I left disappointed because now I was gonna have a major hospital bill that I can't afford all because of some stupid pain in my calf that today is still there.

For some reason when I sit for a long period of time it flares up and is excruciating. I have to get up and walk around to keep it from hurting so badly.

I pray that God heal me because I can't afford to be sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...