Monday, October 18, 2010

2 Hour Drive

On Saturday night, I was a little apprehensive about where to park to sleep, so I ended up on the lot at the hospital. It seemed like a good place since the college parking lot was empty. I guess the cleaning people don't clean on Saturday. So, I parked and kept hearing people talk, so I never settled into my back seat like normally. I just left the seat back, put my jacket over myself and closed my eyes. Everything was good until I was jolted up by a knock on my window. I was so scared, but when I got up, it was a man in a city police uniform. I looked back and there was the security vehicle. I don't know if someone called security of if they just rode by and saw me with my seat back, but he was inquiring why I was chilling in my car. I lied and told him I was waiting on someone to get off work. I didn't know what else to say. He simply said ok and got back into the vehicle. Shortly afterwards a few people did get off work, so I pretended to drive up to the door like I was waiting for someone. It was horrible. After leaving there I drove to the Walmart, but for some reason groups of people like to hang out in the parking lots at Walmart. Why? I have no idea, so I couldnt' park there. Then I drove to hotel that I usually park at, but there was some kind of event there and as I was driving around I heard a lot of people so I didn't stop. It took me two hours of driving to finally get to a different Walmart across town to park. I was so mad. It was now after midnight and I was so tired. I didn't want to repeat of last Sunday so I prayed to God that I wake up early so that I could get dressed for church. I needed to get up early because I spent hours doing my hair and it needed to dry over night. It was hard to find hand dryers in the bathrooms to dry my hair.

When I got up Sunday morning, I headed to the community college and was surprised to see there was a motorcycle class going on. That was fine by me, the more cars in the parking lot the better. It doesn't draw attention to me. However, I couldn't make it to the locker room because the gym was closed on Sundays. So I settled for the first bathroom. However, I didn't want to wash up there because I knew the motorcycle students would be using that bathroom. I was fortunate that this bathroom had a locker room for the nursing students, but there were only lockers in the locker room. I guess it's used for them to change from their street clothes to their scrubs. So, I put my clothes and iron in one of the lockers and ventured to a different bathroom to wash up. Everything was okay until I heard someone coming. I quickly grabbed by things and went into the handicap stall. Someone simply reached into the door and turned the light off. I guess it's securities job to keep all lights off and that's what she did, turned the light off. It was cool because I still had enough to light to finish my wash up.

After washing up, I headed back to the bathroom with the locker room to iron my clothes, but when I opened the door there was a curling iron plugged up and toiletry bags on the sink. Someone was in the stall. I assumed this person was getting dressed, so I excused myself to my car to wait until the person came out. When she got out she sat in her car in the parking lot. Another homeless person???? I'm not sure, but she didn't leave. She actual let her seat down and went to sleep.

When I got back into the locker room, I ironed, did my hair, and headed to church. Service was wonderful. Pastor prayed for everyone, even the homeless. I thanked God for his prayers.

This week I'm working in another city, so instead of driving around to find somewhere to sleep, I just went to my usual spot on the lot at the Walmart in the other city. At this Walmart, I usually park in the side of the lot facing the highway. This is the area where the employees park. It's not too far from where the semi-trucks park. Also, there are a few cars who park close to the semi's. I also see campers parking there. I feel more comfortable there.

Fortunately the weather here has been wonderful for October. On Saturday it was almost in the 80's At night, it doesn't get too far past 45 degrees. I thank God for that because even thought that's cold, it's not unbearable and I sleep under 3 layers--two blankets and fur lined, full length suede coat.

I'm only working 3 days this week, so I'm going to be short on cash. I emailed a job prospect and she said she hadn't heard anything about the job. I also prayed that I get a job that I applied for and I will be applying for others today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...