Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thank You Cory

I found $9 in my bag, so I used the money to get food for this week, but I knew I was gonna need gas money to get back home and I remembered that I had money on my prepaid visa card, so I didn't think much of it. Well, on today I decided to go to the gas station because the needle was going below "E". I drove up to the Shell where the gas was $2.82 per gallon. They wouldn't take my card because I wanted to prepay and the guy said he couldn't do that. I just think he didn't know how because I haven't been to a gas station that wouldn't allow you to prepay your gas with a credit card. Anyway, I drove a little way up and saw that gas was $2.79 at the Road Ranger. Yay me!! I went in, got a .59 drink and prepaid $8 in gas. I got back to my car to pump and realized that I pushed the wrong button. I stopped the pump, hung it up and went back inside to tell the lady that I needed to get the $2.79 gas, not the $2.97 gas. She told me that since I hung up the pump, she would have to refund the money back onto my card and prepay again. I apologized for the inconvenience and she prepaid again, but of course now I only at $4.36 left on my card because it takes about 24 hours for the charge to clear. She charged the $4.36, but her register said that it didn't go through. So I asked her to try $4 and she said that again it declined.

Now I was in a dilemna. I needed gas and now my card was saying that there was no money. I got online to see what was the problem and my account said that I had been charged the $4.36, so I called customer service and they confirmed that I had been charged.

I went back to the Road Ranger and explained and the lady gave me their supervisor to call. I called and explained, but said said that her POS didn't show that I was charged. She was very pleasant and asked me if I could conference call the customer service for the card so that we could get it straight. We did and she told them to cancel both charges which included the .69 for the drink and the few cent that I had already pumped. Cory at Road Ranger took care of everything and I was happy and able to get gas so that I could return to my home city.

Thanks Cory at Road Ranger!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...