Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Made a Way

I was so frustrated about my decision on yesterday to book a new job during my work schedule. However, sometime last night, it came to me--simply ask the job prospect if you can leave early. They only wanted me to work temporary anyway. So that's what I did. I went in, met my contact, told her up front that I had a schedule for the afternoon, I apologized and she said that it was fine. I think I apologized about 4 times. I emailed my job and asked my boss if I could come in a few hours later and she called me to tell me that I didnt' need to come in. That was a relief.

So, I started the temp job and they had me cleaning out cabinets. Boy was it manual labor. I was hot and tired. I was gonna tell them I could stay the entire day, but I was so tired by noon, that I decided to take the rest of the time off. It was a good thing that I did because a friend needed me to help her with a report. So, I have about 36 work hours for this week. Thank God for making a way.

I was reading www.sheshomeless.tumblr.com and she talks about renting cheap hotels. I think I'm gonna check that out. I'm gonna have to count my pennies though because I have to pay my car note this month. I only paid $30 last month. Also, I need to pay my phone bill and do laundry. The only thing about renting cheap motels is that I'm afraid of bedbugs. There is one cheap motel here that is about $29 a night and I'm so afraid of what it looks like on the inside. I don't want to be grossed out. Of course if it gets any colder that's what I'm gonna have to do.

Living in my car is proving to be not all that bad, however, I wish there was some place that I can store my clothes neatly. It's hard having to search for clothes out of my trunk. The other day when my battery died, I had to take all my stuff out of my trunk because the battery for my car is in my trunk. By the time I put everything back it was a huge mess. Also, it get's difficult trying to stuff all my things in my trunk along with my shoes, coats, laundry supplies, and my blanket and pillow. My car is so junky. Sometimes I run out of time and leave the stuff on my seat. I'm sure people look at my car and wonder why I have blankets and a pillow.

Anyway, I thank God for making a way when I didn't see no way out. Little blessings like that continue to increase my hope and faith that by the time the holidays roll around I will have a place to call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...