Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dilemma

I got a call from a job prospect on this morning and they wanted me at the company at 1pm today. However, I was 45 miles away so I couldn't just make a change like that. So she asked me if I was available on tomorrow until the end of this week. I told her I was, but I failed to mention that I'm supposed to be at work on tomorrow at 11am. I went throughout the day today trying to figure out how I was gonna get out of it. Well, at lunch time I parked at the university down the street and moving too quickly, I left my keys turned in the ignition and by the time my lunch break was over, my car wouldn't start. The battery had died. I walked down the block back to work was gonna tell my supervisor that I had car trouble so I wouldn't be able to make it to work, but I knew it was just the battery so I didn't want to have to fib like that. Now, I'm gonna have to tell the job prospect that I can't make it. Why do I do that--put my foot in my mouth. I could have simply told her that I couldn't make it until Thursday, but I wanted her to know that I was available and now I put her in a bind because now she has to find someone to replace me. UGH!!! Why couldn't I just be honest?? Dag. I'm gonna have to call the job prospect and my contact in the morning to tell them I can't make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...