Saturday, October 23, 2010

You look familiar

I was working my temp job on Friday. My assignment was to scan some documents. My contact told me that it would probably take me until 1pm. It took me until 4pm. When I got to the desk there were two stacks of paper about a foot high. My job was to put the paper in order by date starting September 1. Then I was to unstaple them and then scan. It took me two hours to order the forms. Then it took me 3 hours to destaple. My fingers hurt from the staple remover. Then it took me 2 hours to scan all that paper.

Right before lunch time, I woman came to the desk in from of mine, I glanced up and realized that it was Jan. She was my Link program mentor.

Two summers ago this company sponsored 12 teachers attending their Link program. Throughout this two program all the teachers were taking through internships at the company. We got to learn everything about the company in hopes that we could pass the information along to our students to assist them with their career development. Our mentors was supposed to communicate with us throughout the year to get updates on how we used the information in our classroom. Jan and I kept missing each other, so we never got to talk. Now here she was standing in front of me and I was too embarrassed to speak. So I kept working on my destapling.

After lunch I got back to do my scanning. Jan came in to the copy and I kept wondering if she remembered me or if I was just a familiar face. I hoped for the latter. On Wednesday a lot of the staff kept telling me my name sounded familiar. Yeah, I am familiar. I just kept telling them that I had been there before. I didn't tell them that I'd rode on their companies private jet two years ago with the Sr. VP. I didn't tell them that I participated in their companies first Link program for teachers and they paid me to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...