Sunday, January 23, 2011

Preparation

I'm preparing for work next week. It's snowing. Ugh!!! So that means I will be driving slowly on the highway. My goal is to be in bed by 8pm tonight because I have to be up at 5am. That's a horrible hour, but that's what I have to do to get to work on time. I'm taking my lunch to work all week.

Our church fast is over tomorrow. But, I like the fruits, veggies, fish and chicken menu. I'm gonna keep up with that type of eating. I feel so much better.

I was burdened on yesterday by a comment that my roommate said to me. Her intention was good, but the Bible says that things may be lawful, but not expedient. Yes, she noticed something, but was it her place to say something. She said that she felt she needed to say something so she did. It had nothing to do with her, she just noticed me and decided to mention it. Like I don't know myself, I guess. It bothered me and I cried at church because her comment made me feel bad, like I was doing something wrong in my life. It's really easy to look at someone and see a fault, but my goal is not to point out a fault in others, but to look at myself. I know in the past I may have pointed out someone else's flaw, but now I know that it may not be my place to say anything.

So I was pretty heavy at church because it was trying to place me back in the "i'm not good enough" mindset, but as my pastor was preaching I just asked God to free me from that heaviness and He did. No I don't pray everyday and some days I may not read my Bible, but I'm moving towards that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...