Friday, January 7, 2011

Ph.D

For a long time, I've wanted to work on my Ph.D and finally on last year, I decided I'm gonna go for it. I applied to the University of Illinois a year early. They have a cohort program for a Ph.d in Public Administration which is what I want to go for. The program accepts students every two years, so the next cohort is Fall 2011. The deadline for applying is March 15 2011. I applied in Spring 2010. The only thing I have to turn in is 3 letters of reference. Who can I get those from? Hhhhhhmmmmmmmm. I'm gonna go to my former department chair and ask him because he was gonna write me one before. I'm gonna also go to my boss that I volunteer with and then I'm gonna see if I could have one of my co-workers write me one. The only other thing I have to figure out is how to pay for it. I don't want anymore student loans. I have about $45,000 in student loans. I NEED NO MORE!!! I'm gonna apply for a graduate assistantship because that will cover my tuition and give me a living stipend. If I could work for the university, my tuition would be free. I'll be trusting God for this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...