Friday, January 14, 2011

Disgruntled

Yesterday was one of those down days. I was hungry and upset at my unemployment benefits. I was also upset at my SNAP benefits. I was so sure that the woman told me that my SNAP benefits end on the 11th of each month. So, that means that I would get more money to buy food on the 12th. It turned out to be incorrect. My benefits month ends on the 18th, so I have one more week until I can buy food. Also, I had to write a bad check to get gas because I ran out on Sunday and was on the side of the road. I wrote the check in anticipation of my unemployment coming in this week also. Well, I got a letter in the mail and I didn't understand it. This was the second letter I got in the mail. No unemployment benefits this month. WHAT????? So in my frustration I decided to eat some spaghetti. I know it wasn't on our fast menu, but I didn't have any fruit or veggies to eat. When I got into the car it wouldn't start. Another thing that frustrated me. My car has been starting perfectly the last week or so. The weather has been horrible, but I get in and it starts. I thank God every time, but yesterday when I was looking for a glimmer of hope, it wouldn't start. Grrrrrrr!

When I finally got to the unemployment office I was told that I was denied on Dec 22. I was trying to explain to the man that I had a meeting on Dec 28 and I never got my determination from that meeting. He kept trying to tell me that I was denied so it didn't matter about the meeting. I told him that I needed to speak to Gina because that was not what she told me on the 28th. So he went back to talk to her and she said that she had not gotten to my case yet. What???? So I'm suffering because you are too busy to tell do what you said you would do?? The guy had me to write an appeal just in case I was indeed denied and he said he was gonna turn it in if they decided to deny me. WOW.

So, I was upset yesterday.

The good news is that I was offered a job through the temp service. It's with on one of the banks in the other city. At first when she told me, I was kind of against it because I would have to drive 45 miles one way and the job was only $10.50 a hour. Gas would be about $250 a month. My tires are horrible and I need an oil change. Would it be worth it? Then I thought, it's better than nothing. So, I went in to fill out all the paperwork. When she offered me the job, I was thinking that they would have to do a credit check on me and when I went in to fill out the paperwork, sure enough it was a credit check form. Ugh. That's a job I can kiss goodbye. I just got my credit report and my car is behind 3 months and I owe my landlord. Fortunately those are the only two negative things on the report, but I also have a major student loan. So my debt to income ratio is horrid (well, it was horrid when I had a job, it's really horrid now because my income is ZERO.)

My prayer is that this day is much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...