Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!!!

God has blessed me to see a New Year!!! So many possibilities!!! I went to church this evening and we had such a good time that I kept telling God that I didn't want that feeling to end. You know the feeling--where everything seems to make sense, where even though you may be struggling, it's okay because it won't be like that always. You know the feeling--where you know that you have someone there to lean on, yeah that feeling to know that someone has your back and won't let you fall!!! It's a feeling of joy, it's a feeling of peace, it's a feeling of love! I don't want that to stop. The Bible says, the joy of the Lord is my strength. That's the feeling--the feeling that I know that I am strong enough to get through not just this, but every other thing that comes my way!! Joy that tells me that I'm gonna make it.

For a minute, "my foot almost slipped". At one point, I almost gave up, going through this and not having anyone to talk to--to lean on for support, it almost took me out, but I made it. God kept me, He kept my mind when I almost lost it from being in a crazy relationship, He kept me through it all. Not only did He keep me, He was with me, THE WHOLE TIME!!!!!!!!!!! There's an old song that James Moore used to sing and it says, "He was there all the time." At one point that song was ringing in my spirit as a reminder that even though I didn't have a person to turn to, God was with me!!!!

God showed me tonight that He was there and is still there. While in service, my pastor called and offering and he asked that everyone give $20.11 in representation of the new year. I told God, I didn't have it. Then my pastor said that if you don't have that give $2.11. I told God that I had that, but it was in my coat in the office. I was getting ready to make a mad dash to the office, when Gwen gave me $20 to put in the offering. Thank God!! He was showing me that He was with me--that He is with me.

After service we had breakfast I sat at the first table and right before leaving one of the girls--Yvonne asked me if I got my tired fixed. I told her that I hadn't. We joked about it and I told her that I didn't have any money to get a new used tire. She said that she would get me a new used tire. She took down the information and said she would call them to pay for it. God was letting me "I got you!!! I'm with you. While you are in the pit, I'm with you." My pastor's wife talked about how Joseph was thrown in the pit by his brothers to be sold into slavery and not only was God with him, but God was teaching Joseph how to discern because when he was in the pit, he didn't know where he was going or he couldn't see anything because it was dark and that was the time God was teaching him--God was preparing him for his future!!! God is preparing me for my future. He just needs to work all the pride out of me and I need to learn discernment so that I can be sensitive to what God is telling me. If God says "go right" I want to go right and not have to wonder if that's God telling me or if that's me telling me. Joseph, in the end ruled all of Egypt!!!!!!! But he did it with INTEGRITY and FORGIVENESS. He had to have integrity to run the kingdom. He was so integrious that when Potiphars wife wanted to sleep with him, he wouldn't do it. I"m sure he probably could have done it and maybe even gotten away with it a few times, but he had enough integrity to say that he couldn't sin against God. He then had to walk in forgiveness to be able to help his brothers, the same brothers that sold him into slavery. He walked in forgiveness so much that he cried when they came asking for food.

So, I thank God for being there for me and I'm going to take this season in my life to grow in my faith and to learn discernment because GOD HAS NOT FORSAKEN ME!!!!

Happy 2011=Expectancy & Transitioning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...