Monday, January 24, 2011

November 28, 2010

I was told by IDES that I was ineligible for benefits starting the week of November 28, 2010. They said I was not in compliance with their rules. A month later, on December 28, I was in their office meeting with Gina and pleading my case, explaining to her that their rule didn't apply to me. I was told that she would take care of it, but my case sat on her desk. About two weeks ago I went back to the office and was told that I was ineligible. The man didn't even want to hear me because of the outdated information in the computer. I was getting frustrated trying to tell him and he was getting frustrated trying to tell me. I had to tell myself to keep my composure.

Finally, I just said I didn't want to fight with them anymore (actually, I said that before I went to see them that day). I just got a letter in the mail that said my previous employer did not have sufficient information that deems me ineligible. The actual verbage is as follows,

...the claimant is not ineligible for benefits...

Of course when you see the words "not ineligible" you have to pause until your mind can figure out what that mean. Not ineligible means "is eligible". I don't know why they couldn't just say that because when I read it the first time, I was surely thinking that I was ineligible.

I thank God for this because I need to pay my bills!!!!!!!!!

As I reflect on this situation, I've learned some good lessons....

1. Do what God tells you to do and don't allow pride to get in the way.
God told me in November when I read the rules to receive my benefits that I needed to contact my previous employer. However, I didn't because my pride wouldn't let me. They laid me off, why would I need to contact them? That was my mentality. This whole issue came about because I hadn't contacted them, but I was sent an email telling me that they would contact me and God was trying to cover my by telling me to contact them. I should have listened :( God, forgive me for not listening and being obedient.

2. Be patient.
When you know that you have done nothing wrong, be patient. It will all work out and just per chance it doesn't, just know that there is a reason.

3. When you have a job that affects a person's life. Do it!!
I understand that the state employees are overworked and under paid, but this is my life. I have been without. WITHOUT!!!! and it was only the grace of God that was shown to me by having friends that have helped me out. Not everyone is as fortunate as me.

4. Listen when someone is trying to tell you something.
The man at the IDES office did not want to listen to me. He was just going by what was on his screen. This was the same man that helped me out when I told him the office did not call me when they should have. When I first went to the office to tell them that I had not been called according to the time stated in the letter, this same man helped me then and told me who my case worker was and gave her my information so that she could call me. This was on December 22. I know that he had dealt with a lot of people since then, but not a month later I was talking to the same guy and he was giving me a hard time. He wasn't listening. Now, I know to listen and stay calm when trying to help a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...